HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM 😋
500 grams of strawberries
100 grams of sugar
240 ml of cold whipping cream or whipping cream
3 egg yolks
1. The first thing we have to do is clean the fresh strawberries and then cut them in half.
2. We pass the strawberries through the blender until they are completely crushed as if it were a milkshake.
3. In a saucepan, heat a couple of glasses of water over medium-high heat until it boils.
4. In a heat resistant glass bowl we add the egg yolks together with the sugar.
5. When the water in the saucepan begins to boil, lower the heat to a minimum and place the bowl of yolks on top of the saucepan. In this way we will make the mixture in a bain-marie.
6. We begin to beat the yolks together with the sugar with a rod mixer until we see that it changes to a color between whitish and yellowish, this will take us approximately 5 minutes. Remove the bowl and allow the mixture to come to room temperature.
7. Meanwhile, in another bowl we are going to mount the cream, for this, we pour the cream to mount, which must be very cold.
8. We beat with the rod mixer for 3-4 minutes until peaks form.
9. We will gradually add the whipped cream to the container with the yolks and stir with soft and enveloping movements with the help of a spatula until everything is perfectly integrated.
10. Now we have the base for our ice cream, which is perfect for making homemade fruit ice cream, in this case strawberry.
11. Add the strawberry smoothie that we have reserved and mix gently and with enveloping movements until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
12. Now all that remains is to pour this mixture into a plastic or glass tupperware, spread it well and store in the freezer for at least 4 hours. I prefer to keep it overnight so that it compacts much better.
13. Take the homemade strawberry ice cream out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving it and let it warm up a bit, so it will be easier to form our ice cream balls. Enjoy!!